Grousbeck Family Foundation Honors WFDC with a $50,000 Grant Award for Capacity Building
WFDC staff, board, and students extends our deep gratitude to the Grousbeck Family Foundation which provided very generous support of WFDC’s Capacity Building Project in 2012. The purpose of the project is to enable the organization to grow steadily and sustainably and serve increasingly more and more youth throughout the north Puget Sound region in Washington State for many years to come. Thanks to the Grousbeck Family Foundation and our other funders , WFDC will be able to provide individualized instruction, guidance, and mentorship from experienced and caring staff to help more disabled, at-risk, and economically disadvantaged students:
1) Stay in school and earn academic credits needed for high school graduation;
2) Increase their self-confidence and positive outlook toward the future;
3) Develop important job skills and solid work ethics;
4) Cultivate pride in the quality of their workmanship; and
5) Learn accountability for their commitments to customers, school, coworkers, and the community.